Friday, November 21, 2008

I've got Rocket Shoes

Kids are dumb. They don't know a thing about how great bedtime is for them. I should be in bed right now. I don't have a bedtime. Lame.
My mom hurt her knee about two weeks ago while delivering papers. She figured she just hurt it really badly, but it would get better over time. It did not, so she got an X-ray. She limps around and such. And keeps delivering papers. My dad, one day, decided I should be helping her while she is in this semi crippled state with this paper route, really paper routes, that I think she should quit. I feel pretty strongly that way, but she keeps doing it. I used to deliver papers too, but now I truly detest that whole occupation. I vowed to myself that I would not deliver papers anymore. But my dad was right, so I have been doing that. It takes about 2 hours a night. I sleep in more consistantly now.
I also feel really out of it. In a couple hours I will be up delivering papers. That's just weird. My mom found out today that her knee isn't cracked or broken, and she is getting some physio done on it tomorrow that should mostly recover her. I'm almost clear. I have to get up earlyish on Saturday. I was frightened of doing papers and that. But it might all be okay. Did I tell of my lack of funds?
They have finally run out. I'm thinking Tuesday will mark the end of that. Yesterday, in preparation for this, I walked through Sidney for a while and noted all the businesses clearly displaying help wanted signs. There are about 20 of them. This has to work.
But the coolest thing about everything is it won't matter later. Not nearly as much as I think it does now. A year from now I won't remember how it felt to be here. I won't even care. There will be new things to make me worry. Or try to make me worry. I like how time does that. I think God must see things like that a bit, being inside and outside of all time and all.

What am I even doing

No comments: