Thursday, March 13, 2008

Boxing is like Dancing

I want to write something to you. Desperately. But I don't know what to say. How can words change lives? How can my words change your life?

Recently, I left God alone, and in exchange, He wouldn't bug me. It was a pretty good deal. I could do what I wanted, and forget about what I should or shouldn't be doing. I didn't do anything bad, I just didn't really care for doing anything good really. I think I would still do good things apart from God. I can give to charity and hold doors open and talk to homeless people.

I realized how ridiculously selfish I am.

I decided around Monday that I would come back to God around Friday. Maybe that's giving me more control than I should have. Maybe it shouldn't have been put off. What's done is done. I could give you a bazillion reasons why I shouldn't really carry on. It's too hard, and really, I didn't sign up for this.

You can't define something by what it isn't. Maybe you can. But you shouldn't.


Why? If this can be answered, I'm set.

I asked a friend if he would come with me. I asked him sort of badly, so he might not have known what I meant. It had to be done though. I can't do it alone. For myself? Why would I go through so much work to get myself there? Really, I'm fine where I am. I can talk myself down. Maybe I think I don't deserve it? But when it's for someone else, it becomes more important. Well, I didn't really want to go, but I couldn't let him go alone. That sort of thing.

Blessed is he who overcomes.

No comments: