Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sing With Your Eyes Closed

Tomorrow is my last night. Tonight they gave me off. I worked the last five. Do you think I can sleep? I should be able to. I'm tired. I'm getting sick, so I'm all sore and sickly, snotty nose and all. Yuck. It's a bad time to decide you need company. Not even to talk to. Just to be there.

I have half a mind to walk down to slevin and and hang out with Dan.

I'm reading a book by some lady. I won't tell you what it is, because I am increasingly sure it is a girl book. I can tell you when I am done. Won't let you sway me. In the book, a family(all girls except for the father. A large contributor to my suspicion.) moves to the congo. Their purpose is the salvation of souls. Or his intent. The rest of the family aren't really sure why they are there, and do not seem too thrilled about it either. But anyways.

In the book, they realize Africa ain't nothing like it is over here. Straight up. Life there is different. I know a little bit. I've been there. Not long enough to know, to really know, but long enough to see it is different. Life is survival. Here, life is... I'm not satisfied with what life looks like here. Get a job, work the rest of your life until you think you will have enough money to last you until you die. I know there is more, but that is the part I'm just not satisfied with. I won't follow that. What's money anyway? And...What is life without work? Kind of...slow.

People go strange if you leave them alone to long. Like fruit in the sun. 

I just don't know what life is. What I want it to be. I think my head is done. I can probably sleep now.

2 comments:

Bryi said...

"People go strange if you leave them alone to long. Like fruit in the sun."

Great analogy.

"I just don't know what life is."

I have a theory that we die the exact instant that we realize the answer to that question. It's like The Game -- the instant you remember, you have to start all over again -- except in the game of life, it wouldn't be very good P.R. if everyone shouted the answer right before they died. Cheat codes make the game too easy.

(P.S - Sorry for mentioning The Game. :P I couldn't think of a better analogy that didn't involve forcible losing.)

jarjar_head said...

"I have a theory that we die the exact instant that we realize the answer to that question."

That's funny, I was telling Werner earlier today that God must have a sense of irony.

~The Muse