Friday, March 27, 2009

Something Quiet

I was talking with Matthew last night in his car while I should have been sleeping. I should always be sleeping, by the way. Even now. We talk about everything. I'm thrilled I have a friend this happens with. I'm excellent at staying on topic. Maybe a new paragraph would help?

We talked a bit about one of our genius friends that we both highly respect. Like, he hasn't been to university but can aid university students with their high end course material. Genius. And modest too. You would never catch him saying this. Unless he was joking. But he doesn't have to. But even with all that, he doesn't have those dumb papers that say you spent a million dollars on schooling to get there. And those papers are crazy useful, I would think. And he may not get them. Tests are kind of scary. I hope he braves it though.

We talked about crowds a bit. We had experienced one recently. He didn't like them much, but I really did. They are fantastic. Every time I see them I am reminded of how much I miss them. I barely even know some of them. They just seem stuck in something dead. In something that doesn't go anywhere. Which is fine. I just don't want to be stuck anymore. I don't want to be dead, breathing. It would be sweet to take them somewhere alive. With life. Somewhere meaningful.

I thought about these as we spoke. About how dearly I love these guys. How I wish I could help. How can I? Do they need help? Could I, even if I knew?

2 comments:

Bryi said...

They just seem stuck in something dead. In something that doesn't go anywhere. [...] It would be sweet to take them somewhere alive. With life. Somewhere meaningful.

I sympathize; I often feel this way around certain groups of friends or acquaintances. They often seem like they're wandering around in a fog, waiting for something to happen to them. Being in the fog is a comfortable place, but it's not very much fun. I don't like being in it either.

I have the want to help, too, even if they don't need it (which is questionable). I guess it's something we'll both be thinking about.

jarjar_head said...

Reminds me of Plato's Cave.

Why would they want to go anywhere else when they're completely comfortable where they are?

{That was a rhetorical question.)

~The Muse