Monday, May 28, 2007

Reaching

This won't be the last song we sing to you.

Maybe happiness is over-rated. People die unhappy. Rich people. Poor people. People chasing it still die, before they've reached it. Happiness isn't a goal then, but a consequence. So I shouldn't worry about being happy. It will come later.

Brave New World. I read that book today. And I realized that...it might be more true than we realize at first. Happiness and comfort is emphasized. Beauty is ignored, or twisted. We are slaves without knowing it. How sad. If someone came along and tried to free us, would we let them? We want what will make us happy. What has made us happy. Freedom brings no guarantee of that. Sex drugs and rock'n'roll yo. Clearly that is what life is about.

Don't listen to that. There must be more.

You have to get the treasure, but it's in a room you cannot enter. You're so close, but you don't know what to do next. Don't give up. You know it's there, and you know it's for you. You just have to get in.

If I open my heart, could I go there with you?

No comments: